Pen and ink renderings are probably the most portable, convenient, and low-cost form of visual arts.We just need a pen and a piece of paper to start the art. The development of pen and ink rendering has begun since the beginning of the last quarter of the 19th century. It describes the process of using pens or brush to apply ink to a surface. There are endless amount of pen and ink techniques. ‘Pen and ink’ applies to a drawing technique involving the use of black and other coloured inks which are used on papers with either a dip pen or a reservoir pen.Rendering with pen and ink allows the artist to create strong areas of contrast. Most ink drawings are completed using black inks on white surfaces which leads to heavy contrast in value.
- Usage of pen points
- Usage of papers
- Usage of inks
- Basic pen and ink drills
- Sketching using pens
- Shading using pens
- Rending the complete composition
- Adding details and life ti the composition
- Learn to render still life, landscapes, interior spaces and other compositions
Age group: 14 to adults.
Duration: 30 to 35 hours
Drawing is sometimes an end in itself. Sometimes it’s a means of thinking. Sometimes it is about looking, sometimes about taking notes. Sometimes it’s imagining the future, sometimes a diagram, sometimes it is away to resolve a technical issue.
– Richard Deacon, British sculptor.
Drawing is a skill and that it can be acquired by anyone who wants to learn it. It is a form of expression. It could be a very physical act or a tool for analysis, calculation, measurement, mapping. Drawing is older than written language. Observation is a key to understand the subject. One need to see the subject from all angles that includes contrast between light and dark. Pencil drawing is a process where an individual starts drawing by making light outlines that helps them to create a composition.
- Comprehensive skills required for drawing would be taught
- To organise the parts of the drawing.
- Learn to use different pencils.
- how to draw from observation.
- combine forms and space to express a beautiful drawing.
- Learn to do shading on the entire composition.
- To render textures and materials.
- To understand the pattern of light and shadow.
- Render detail on drawings.
- Learn objects, still life, landscapes and interior.
Duration: 30-35 hours
Age Group: 12 Above