Drawing is sometimes an end in itself. Sometimes it’s a means of thinking. Sometimes it is about looking, sometimes about taking notes. Sometimes it’s imagining the future, sometimes a diagram, sometimes it is away to resolve a technical issue.
– Richard Deacon, British sculptor.
Drawing is a skill and that it can be acquired by anyone who wants to learn it. It is a form of expression. It could be a very physical act or a tool for analysis, calculation, measurement, mapping. Drawing is older than written language. Observation is a key to understand the subject. One need to see the subject from all angles that includes contrast between light and dark. Pencil drawing is a process where an individual starts drawing by making light outlines that helps them to create a composition.
- Comprehensive skills required for drawing would be taught
- To organise the parts of the drawing.
- Learn to use different pencils.
- how to draw from observation.
- combine forms and space to express a beautiful drawing.
- Learn to do shading on the entire composition.
- To render textures and materials.
- To understand the pattern of light and shadow.
- Render detail on drawings.
- Learn objects, still life, landscapes and interior.
Duration: 30-35 hours
Age Group: 12 Above